Experience multiplies the value.
FVB was founded in Sweden and for more than 40 years has helped clients create, operate and grow energy systems in both the private and non-profit sectors. With offices in the U.S., Canada, and Sweden, FVB offers the perspective of an experienced global partner, plus the insight to customize energy solutions for local conditions and needs.
We have worked in nearly all U.S. states, most Canadian provinces and territories, and more than 30 countries. In North America, FVB has helped develop nearly
80 percent of the new district energy systems built since 1990.
Our extensive international experience helps us quickly identify business, technical and environmental issues that need to be considered from the outset. With a focus on the business implications of engineering decisions, FVB designs for the bottom line.
FVB Energy brings the benefits of European experience and expertise in district energy systems, particularly hot water district heating and CHP, together with North American business, financial and marketing expertise to assist clients in energy system planning, development and implementation. Our clients have access to all of the experience of FVB Energy, an international company whose employees have focused on the district energy industry for over 40 years.
FVB Energy’s experience extends to many energy technologies often integrated with district energy systems, including:
- Combined heat and power (CHP)
- Other power generation technologies, such as stand-by and peak-shaving power generators
- Biomass combustion for thermal production, CHP or power generation
- Geothermal district heating
- Deep water cooling, using lake or sea water for air conditioning
- Thermal energy storage, such as chilled water or ice generation and storage.