Senior Engineer Position
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Number of Positions: 1
Start Date: ASAP
FVB Energy Inc. is a consulting engineering firm specializing in district energy and combined heat and power (CHP) systems, with offices in Minneapolis (USA), Toronto, Edmonton, Ottawa and Vancouver (Canada). FVB Energy Inc. is the North American subsidiary of the Swedish consulting firm Fjärrvärmebyrån ab (FVB District Energy Inc.).
FVB is committed to aiding communities and institutions find the right alternative energy solutions for their present and future needs. We believe in district heating, district cooling and cogeneration and how these systems connect communities and institutions to a host of energy, environmental and economic benefits.
FVB is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineering to work in our Vaughan (Toronto) office. The successful candidate will lead the design and construction teams for projects during each stage of development. The senior design lead will typically work alongside a project manager and lead the technical scope of the project. They will also assist the project team by providing technical support for other aspects of a project. As an Senior Engineer the successful candidate will apply accepted engineering principles to design initiatives.
The Senior Engineering position requires a candidate who:
- Can lead a team of engineers and CAD technicians through all aspects of a design
- Is comfortable working on multiple projects at different stages at any given time
- Possesses excellent communication and time management skills
- Is self-motivated and able to work as part of a team or individually
- Work alongside a project manager to lead the technical portion or the detailed design of a project.
- Lead a mechanical engineering team in the technical design of combined heat and power plants, thermal heating cooling plants, distribution piping and building interface projects.
- Assist with preparation of feasibility studies.
- Assist with estimating and costing of projects.
- Apply previous knowledge and experience to design projects.
- Review the work of Intermediate and Junior Engineers.
- Work with CAD designers to ensure all drawings are accurate and complete.
- Liaise with the clients, consultants, contractors and vendors to coordinate, share project information and/or discuss project and design related problems.
- Develop and modify project specifications
- Lead the selection of energy plant equipment (chillers, boilers, engines, turbines, cooling towers, heat exchangers, etc.)
- Oversee the preparation and issuance of equipment tender packages, tender process, bid evaluation and recommendation report
- Take responsibility of leading specific design tasks:
- P&ID Drawings
- Project Specifications
- Equipment selections (boilers, chillers, cooling towers, heat exchangers, pumps, piping, control valves, expansion and pressurization tanks)
- Design calculations (pipe and duct sizing, stack sizing, annual energy consumption calculations, heat loss, efficiency, etc.)
- Piping Stress analysis and support design
- Regulatory Design Registrations for Piping
- Hydraulic analysis
- Preparation, review and sealing of construction and tender documents.
Minimum Experience / Education Requirements
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) status in Ontario
- Proficiency working in a Microsoft Office environment
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- 10 plus years of P.Eng. status in a similar field
- Experience in district cooling and/or heating design or construction
- Experience in combined heat and power plants
- Industrial Plant Design Experience
- Process Design Experience
- Project Management Experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical and controls design coordination requirements.
- Knowledge of TSSA Operating Engineers Regulation
Greater Toronto Area Office is located in Vaughan, Ontario Canada (suburb of Toronto).
Salary is commensurate with experience and skill. FVB offers a comprehensive benefits package to all full time employees.
If you are interested in working for FVB Energy Inc. please email your resume with covering letter, subject heading “Senior Mechanical Engineer” to: firstname.lastname@example.org