Ottawa Senior Engineer Position
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Number of Positions: 1
Start Date: ASAP
FVB Energy Inc. is a consulting engineering firm specializing in district energy and combined heat and power (CHP) systems, with offices in Minneapolis (USA), Toronto, Edmonton, Ottawa and Vancouver (Canada). FVB Energy Inc. is the North American subsidiary of the Swedish consulting firm Fjärrvärmebyrån ab (FVB District Energy Inc.).
FVB is committed to aiding communities and institutions find the right alternative energy solutions for their present and future needs. We believe in district heating, district cooling and cogeneration and how these systems connect communities and institutions to a host of energy, environmental and economic benefits.
FVB is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineering to work in our Ottawa office. The successful candidate will lead the design and construction teams for projects during each stage of development. The senior design lead will typically work alongside a project manager and lead the technical scope of the project. They will also assist the project team by providing technical support for other aspects of a project. As a Senior Engineer the successful candidate will apply accepted engineering principles to design initiatives.
The Senior Engineering position requires a candidate who:
- Can lead a team of engineers and CAD technicians through all aspects of a design
- Is comfortable working on multiple projects at different stages at any given time
- Possesses excellent communication and time management skills
- Is self-motivated and able to work as part of a team or individually
As a Senior Engineer your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Work as a Senior Engineer for our Ottawa office and participate on our team for work on district energy systems, particularly the ESAP Project.
- Lead the team performing the building conversions, and assist on overall system conversions, including greening opportunities for ESAP.
- Preparation of conceptual and detailed feasibility studies, proposals, and miscellaneous work,
- Preparation of design documents,
- Stamping of design documents,
- Project Management of multi‐discipline projects. This activity will include:
- Manage engineering deliverables, schedules and budgets,
- Manage construction schedules and budgets,
- Manage sub consultants
- Site visits including preparation of site visit reports and deficiency reports,
- Construction contract administration.
- Provide mentoring, guidance and supervision to engineers and technicians working on joint projects,
- Coordinate work deliverables and staff loading with Engineering Manager,
- Promote a culture of teamwork and cooperation within the company.
- Ensure compliance with FVB standards, and good engineering standards & practices.
- Travel to FVB offices and Client sites within Canada. You could be expected to be away from your home base for up to 5 days per month.
Minimum Experience / Education Requirements
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) status in Ontario and eligibility in Quebec
- Proficiency working in a Microsoft Office environment
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- 10 plus years of P.Eng. status in a similar field
- Experience in district cooling and/or heating design or construction
- Experience in combined heat and power plants
- Industrial Plant Design Experience
- Process Design Experience
- Project Management Experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical and controls design coordination requirements.
- Knowledge of TSSA Operating Engineers Regulation
Salary is commensurate with experience and skill. FVB offers a comprehensive benefits package to all full time employees.
If you are interested in working for FVB Energy Inc. please email your resume with covering letter, subject heading “Senior Mechanical Engineer” to: firstname.lastname@example.org