Position: Mechanical Engineering Technologist
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Contract: Full Time
FVB Energy Inc. is a consulting engineering firm specializing in the design of district energy and combined heat and power (CHP) systems, with offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Ottawa and Edmonton (Canada) and Minneapolis (USA). FVB Energy is the North American subsidiary of the Swedish consulting firm Fjärrvärmebyrån ab (FVB District Energy Inc.), with offices in Stockholm and Vasteras.
FVB is committed to aiding communities and institutions find the right thermal energy solutions for their present and future needs. We believe in district heating, district cooling and cogeneration and how they connect communities and institutions to a host of energy, environmental and economic benefits.
The FVB Edmonton office is looking for a candidate who has experience with HVAC, industrial plant mechanical processes, piping layout, and drafting competency using Autodesk AutoCAD 3D and/or Revit. The candidate must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline oriented, collaborative environment. We are looking for people who are engaged, coachable, and are looking to contribute as part of a team and who value customer focus, commitment, and continual improvement.
- Assist the mechanical engineering process in the technical design for energy plants, distribution piping and building interface.
- Conduct field visits and assist in feasibility studies and conceptual designs to meet client requirements.
- Create concepts and develop detailed designs, tender packages, and construction documents for mechanical and electrical systems.
- Experience with document control and/or development of processes.
- Perform calculations and prepare drawings, schematics, and specifications
- Assist in equipment sizing and selection
- Assist in the preparation of feasibility studies.
- Read, understand, and apply Ontario building codes and CSA Power Piping Code, ASHRAE, and NFPA standards
- Assist in ensuring quality standards and project deadlines are met
- Aid in problem solving of issues within projects administrated by Designers and Engineers
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple projects of varying size and complexity at the same time.
- Capable of working independently on defined tasks
- Establishing good working relationships and communication with design leads, project managers, clients and other team members to coordinate, ensuring the compatibility of design
- Assist with administrative duties and other tasks assigned by Principals or Project Managers required to assist in the success of the firm
- Completion of or be in the process of completing a Technological Program specializing in Mechanical Engineering Technology or Process Piping Design/Drafting
- Experience with P&ID diagrams, knowledge of CAD process plant symbols
- Intermediate / advanced competence in AutoCAD 3D and/or Revit with proven experience preferred or willingness to acquire additional training.
- Strong understanding of mechanical construction, installation methods, technologies, planning and management, commissioning process, etc.
- Strong knowledge of all mechanical systems from both the design and installation perspectives including: HVAC systems, piping systems and plumbing systems.
- Knowledge of electrical system from design and installation perspective.
- Willingness to learn and/or be familiar with various HVAC, plumbing systems and develop layout of pipe and duct runs in co-ordination with the structure, electrical and architectural components
- Must be a team player with strong technical and communication skills. Must be fluent in the English language. Excellent verbal and writing communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to handle multiple projects within a fast-paced environment
- Site experience is an asset.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Submit resumes via e-mail with the subject heading “Edmonton Engineering Technologist” to: email@example.com
We thank you for your interest in this position; FVB will contact only those under consideration.