Design – Mechanical and/or Drafting Technologist/Technician
Job Type: Contract & Full Time Available
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Number of Positions: 1
Start Date: ASAP
FVB Energy Inc. is a consulting engineering firm specializing in district energy and combined heat and power (CHP) systems, with offices in Minneapolis (USA), Toronto, Vancouver, Ottawa
and Edmonton (Canada). FVB Energy is the North American subsidiary of the Swedish consulting firm Fjärrvärmebyrån ab (FVB District Energy Inc.), with offices in Stockholm and Vasteras.
FVB is committed to aiding communities and institutions find the right alternative energy solutions for their present and future needs. We believe in district heating, district cooling and
cogeneration and how they connect communities and institutions to a host of energy, environmental and economic benefits.
The FVB Toronto office is looking for a candidate who has experience with industrial plant mechanical processes, piping layout, and drafting competency using AutoCAD. The candidate
must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline oriented team environment and on individual tasks.
The selected candidate will:
- Assist the mechanical engineering process in the technical design for thermal energy
plants, distribution piping and mechanical systems
- Draft and produce schematic layout design for mechanical and electrical systems.
- Prepare and complete sets of detailed drawings – preferred candidate must be competent
with AutoCAD and/or Plant 3D.
- Organize, schedule, coordinate and check the accuracy of work.
- Complete material lists.
- Assist in the preparation of feasibility studies.
- Support estimating and costing of projects.
- Assist with administrative duties including mailing, couriering, and filing.
- Highlight experience with 3-D piping, equipment and HVAC layout preferred.
- Be thorough, be able to catch mistakes, have an eye for detail, and be able to multitask
The successful candidate will have completed, or be in the process of completing a 3-year Technological Program specializing in Mechanical or Engineering Design/Drafting, with an emphasis towards Design Drafting in Industrial Pipe Design. This position is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in the fast-growing business of District Energy. Hourly Rate/Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Submit resumes via e-mail with the subject heading “Design Technologist Resume” to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for your interest in this position; FVB will contact only those under consideration