Job Type: Full Time
Location: Suite 300, 3901 Highway 7,
Vaughan, Ontario L4L 8L5
Number of Positions: 1
Start Date: ASAP
FVB Energy Inc. is a consulting engineering firm specializing in district energy and combined heat and power (CHP) systems, with offices in across North America. FVB Energy Inc. is the North American subsidiary of the Swedish consulting firm Fjärrvärmebyrån ab (FVB District Energy Inc.).
FVB is committed to aiding communities and institutions find the right alternative energy solutions for their present and future needs. We believe in district heating, district cooling, cogeneration and how these systems connect communities and institutions to a host of energy, environmental and economic benefits.
FVB is seeking a recent Mechanical Engineering graduate to work in our GTA office. The successful candidate will support the design and construction teams for projects during each stage of development. The Junior/Intermediate Engineer will apply accepted engineering principles to design initiatives under the supervision of an FVB Project Manager. The Junior/Intermediate Engineer will also play key roles in the procurement, tender process, and construction support of various projects. FVB is a fast-paced environment with many projects in development at any given time. The Junior/Intermediate Engineering position requires a candidate who possesses self-motivation and the ability to work both as part of a team and in an individual capacity.
- Assist the mechanical engineering team in the technical design of energy plants, distribution piping and building interface projects.
- Assist with preparation of feasibility studies.
- Support estimating and costing of projects.
- Apply previous knowledge and experience to new design projects.
- Assist with preparation of AutoCad drawings.
- Assist in the preparation of construction and tender documents.
- Assist with construction site supervision and project commissioning services.
Minimum Experience / Education Requirements
- Bachelor Degree of Science or Engineering, specializing in Mechanical Engineering.
- Ability for professional registration with PEO, working towards a P.Eng. designation.
- Proficiency working in a Microsoft Office environment.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- AutoCAD and/or construction experience.
- One to two years of engineering work experience.
- Exposure to technical aspects of central heating and cooling systems.
Greater Toronto Area Office is located in Vaughan, Ontario, Canada (suburb of Toronto).
Salary is commensurate with experience and skill. FVB offers a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees.
Submit resumes via e-mail with the subject heading “Junior/Intermediate Mechanical Engineer” to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for your interest in this position; FVB will contact only those under consideration.