Construction Project Administrator
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Contract: Full Time
FVB Energy Inc. is a consulting engineering firm specializing in the design of district energy and combined heat and power (CHP) systems, with offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Ottawa and Edmonton (Canada) and Minneapolis (USA).
FVB is committed to aiding communities and institutions find the right thermal energy solutions for their present and future needs. We believe in district heating, district cooling and cogeneration and how they connect communities and institutions to a host of energy, environmental and economic benefits.
The FVB Ottawa office is looking for a candidate who has experience with purchase orders, contracts, invoices, project close outs, and general administration duties for the design team. The candidate must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline oriented, collaborative environment. We are looking for people who are engaged, coachable, and are looking to contribute as part of a team and who value customer focus, commitment, and continual improvement.
- Experience with setting up and closing projects, creating purchase orders and processing invoices
- Work with the Controller to set up new vendors and update projects in the WorkflowMax Project Management Module
- Coordinating tasks with Construction Managers, Asset Managers, Leasing Managers and Property Managers
- Filing, tracking and maintaining a database of documentation related to the construction process
- Reviewing construction close-out documentation for compliance
- Creating and updating reports on scheduling, budgets and project progress
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple projects of varying size and complexity at the same time.
- Capable of working independently on defined tasks
- Assist with administrative duties and other tasks assigned by Principals or Project Managers required to assist in the success of the firm
Completed post-secondary education is preferred
- 3+ years in an administrative role, preferably in the construction industry
- Clean criminal background, secret clearance eligibility is required
- Strong organization and record keeping skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Extensive computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience working with an accounting and property management software
- Problem Solving – ownership of responsibilities, able to anticipate and address issues, solutions-focused and driven
- A Team Player – work as a team with internal and external personnel, forward-thinking and ability to share ideas and suggestions
- Time management – organized, set priorities, meet deadlines, and multi-task
FVB Energy provides a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Submit resumes via e-mail with the subject heading “Ottawa Construction Admin” to: email@example.com
We thank you for your interest in this position; FVB will contact only those under consideration.